Google Analytics

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Photo of a basil getting ready to bolt



If supported, I think the basil plant (on the left) would be about 18 inches tall. I suspect it's flopping right because of the weight of the leaves and because the center of the window gets the most light. It has also started trying to encroach on the space for the beet plant, on the right.

After taking the picture, I clipped off some of the leaves, and cleaned up the debris. In addition, I pushed the two pots farther apart to give the beet a little more room.

Although I don't have a picture of it at the moment, the large pot outside with the Sedum in it is still surprising me. The Sedum just don't want to call it quits, despite the cold overnight temperature's Philadelphia's had. I'm not sure if the Sedum will stick around until springtime, but I have to admit that would be a pretty neat trick for an annual.

1 comment:

Adam said...

I misremembered. In Philadelphia's zone, Sedum is a perennial. So it should come back next year.