Google Analytics

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Ice?

Tonight the meteorologists (and weather people) are concerned we may get freezing rain or sleet, rather than snow.

While I still lived in Huntsville, AL, in middle school, we got for more than a week because of a huge ice storm. We were fortunate in that our power stayed on for all but a part of a day, but many areas particularly in the northwest of the state went days without electricity. And I seem to recall that that time too the meteorologists had difficulty predicting ice.

Fortunately I don't have to worry about driving in this weather. If it is icy tomorrow morning I'll wear duck boots to work, but otherwise I should be fine.

Finally, I have no plans for Valentine's Day. But hopefully I'll manage to avoid wailing and lamentations.

No comments: