Google Analytics

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Container Grown Okra

Container Grown Okra, Baby Bubba Hybrid.  Philadelphia PA Aug 18, 2006.  Southern exposure.
Here is a picture of my Okra plant (Baby Bubba Hybrid). Thursday I moved it to the larger green pot. I had been a little worried about repotting a plant that was actively producing seedpods, but my plant took to it like a champ. In fact just today I boiled up one of the pods to eat. With the temperatures here in the mid-eighties, the okra pods grow fantastically quickly: flower one day, mini-okra the next, four inches the next, and finally six to seven inches after three days.

You'll see some scarring: it was caused by the hot weather while I was away taking the bar. The okra resisted production for a few weeks after that, but now seems to have recovered.

No comments: