Google Analytics

Thursday, September 22, 2005

I bought a blanket

Today was one of my long days at school. PR this morning at 9:30, then I went to a presentation at noon by Donna Gerson, an attorney and author who came to talk about finding job opportunities at small law firms (generally so classified when they have 50 attorneys or less.)

Fun fact: Our tenures at Pitt overlapped, so I asked her (after the presentation) if she ever called the Pitt Help Desk.

Anyway, I still need to write more for my introduction (due tomorrow) and I need to finalize my calender (ditto.) But I'm tired, and somewhat cranky--there was a sudden change in my housemate status earlier this week, leaving several significant issues to be resolved--such as when or if I'll ever receive payment for over 3 months worth of utilities.

So, I wanted to take a nap (in a few minutes I'll go pull the books to study for Evidence). With all the folks here during the day, it's a little crowded in the Law School building (during my regular hours there's no trouble finding a nook to sleep in) so I bought a blanket, and slept outside for an hour. Quite refreshing, although my bookbag leaves much to be desired as a pillow.

And, I'm still outside even as I write this: my batteries have sufficient juice, and I've got a wi-fi signal from school.

No comments: