Google Analytics

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

More Learning

This is more like it. Today was spring. Plants are starting to bloom, the sun was downright warming, it’s 6:30 PM and there’s plenty of sun left.

A day so great I audibly cheered when I walked out the door.

Enjoying the weather, I walked from my apartment to Broad and South, rather than to the subway stop at Ellsworth Federal. I took the subway up to Temple, and went to Corporate Transactions. Today we discussed how one company buys another, and some of the forms we'd have to consider or prepare as a lawyer on such a deal.

I have an hour to kill until my next class, and so I wander around campus a bit. In fact, as I'm writing this, I'm at the Dunkin Donuts on Liacouras Walk.

Now I should point out that, despite my advanced age and wholesome character, I am not altogether unmindful of the changes in the couture modeled by the distaff student body. And thus, on occasions such as this, I am reminded of one of the fine peripheral benefits to remaining in an academic environment.

Oh well. Time to learn more immigration goodness.

3 comments:

iSuze said...

You were in my favorite place on Earth. Fresh bagels, yummy coffee and--if you dare to risk the social stigma--a oozy, gooey boston creme donut or one of those oreo donuts with tons of creamy icing in the middle.

"Is this heaven?"

"No. It's Dunkin' Donuts."

Adam said...

That's the kinda stigma I can live with. If anyone ever wants to know, "Hey Adam, like donuts?" I'm happy to reply "Yes, yes I do."

Matt said...

To quote a colleague: "Ah, spring is in the air - its warm, flowers are blooming, and undergrads are walking around in their underwear." Such is spring in Connecticut.