Google Analytics

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Springing Forward

Now it'll be lighter, later. I approve.

Further, I had a nice chat tonight with the folks from T-Mobile. Apparently my cell-phone, a Motorola V60, will not properly receive text messages alerting me that I have voice mail when T-Mobile makes some changes to their voice mail system. Since this would be a problem (not knowing that someone's left me a message) they're letting customers know and offering them either a free phone or discounts on other phones.

Now, the Motorola V60 is mercifully free of bells and whistles. It has fantastic battery life (7 days on standby, 5+ hours of talk on a full charge) and good sound quality. And I even liked the styling, in a retro-toaster kind of way. For being 26 months old, I'm impressed by its performance using the the factory battery.

So, the replacement? Later this week I should get a Motorola V180 in the mail. Also a flip-style, CNET suggests that this too should be a fine workhorse cell phone. I'm looking forward to getting it.

No comments: