Google Analytics

Sunday, April 16, 2006

The Last Week of Class...Ever

This is the last week of law school classes, then the exams start on April 27. Sometime this week the stress will start becoming ridiculous, and I'll be just generally a more miserable human being until pen has lifted from the last blue-book.

Since I'm graduating, everything has to be in by May 10, but I'd really like to be finished by the 8th or 9th.

Since Law School doesn't teach you the law of any particular state, most folks will attend bar prep courses. To be a lawyer, I must pass the bar. I'm optimistic I'll pass, but because the consequences of not passing are so bad (9 months of limbo as a JD who cannot practice, paying for the bar again, even harder to find jobs) I went ahead and am going to Bar Bri.

Bar Bri classes start May 16 and 17, with the 18, 19, 20, and 21 off for graduation. And then it's back to class monday-friday, mornings from 9 to 1, with occasional afternoons, from May 22 until about a week and a half before the bar. The Bar Exam is on July 25 and 26, out at the Valley Forge Convention Center. (I'll probably rent a hotel room out there, because it would be ridiculously nerve racking to take public transportation out in the morning.)

No comments: