Google Analytics

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Leaping Forward

Pots with spring planting.  Lavender, Stonecrop, Strawberries, and Zinnias (R-L). Philadelphia, PA 4/2/2006


As it turned out, I went to sleep last night at about 8, and stayed that way until about 7 this morning. So I was blissfully unaffected by the change in the clocks.

Except that I had to figure out what to do at 7 in the morning on a Sunday (a day I generally sleep in on when I don't wind up having to work at the store.)

So, it being the Italian Market, and my green thumbiness activated by the warmer weather, I went out and got omelette fixings in addition to supplements to my growing medium stockpiles.

Above, from left to right are pots of lavender, the large pot of stonecrop (Sedum 'Matrona'), a pot with strawberries in it, and a pot with Zinnia seedlings (var. Zowie.)

The Sedum did a great job surviving the winter, and has responded to the warmer temperatures with strong growth.

The growth is too small to see clearly in photographs with my camera, but when I was checking my pot that I placed the cactus seeds in I noticed a little pink nub poking out of the center of the pot. This is the first sign I've seen that the cactus seeds really were viable.

No comments: